Women’s Professional Forum Foundation Grant Program
The Women’s Professional Forum Foundation (WPFF) was established in 1984. Our grants program’s purpose is:
WPFF Grants empower Women and Girls by supporting:
- opportunities for women and girls to aspire to or further their careers;
- education and leadership development of women and girls;
- education of the public on the status and rights of women; and
- recognition of achievements and contributions of women.
Please be sure that your program or project aligns with this purpose before applying. We currently are not funding grants that focus on women’s health initiatives, funds for mother/baby initiatives, child development programs, parenting support, or self self-esteem growth.
The WPF Foundation awards grants to organizations that can demonstrate their program or service, empowers women and/or girls, and directly connects to the purpose of the WPF Foundation (stated above).
Apply for a WPF Foundation Grant
Funding Eligibility: The WPF Foundation welcomes grant requests from nonprofit organizations that:
- Are classified as nonprofit charitable organizations under section 501(c)3 and 501(c)1 of the IRS code.
- Are located in or provide services within Guilford County.
- Program has not received a WPFF grant for more than (3) three Consecutive years.
Grants are not awarded to individuals.
Grant Cycle and Requests
- The WPF Foundation has one annual grant cycle each year.
- The 2023 Grant cycle will open up 1/1/2023, and are due by February 15, 2023
- All prospective applicants must submit an application due electronically by stated deadline.
- Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Grant requests may not exceed $10,000 and grant awards typically range between $1,000 and $5,000.
- Grant funds cannot be used for expenses already incurred.
Application Process, Selection, and Notification
WPF Foundation Grant Process
Selection of successful grant applications will be made by the WPF Foundation Grants Committee and presented to the WPF Foundation Board of Directors for approval. Applicants will be notified electronically by the WPF Foundation President or Chair of the Grants Committee of application approval. Grants recipients will be announced at the WPF Annual Foundation Meeting and in the WPF Newsletter.
Once a grant is awarded, a Grant Agreement Form will be sent electronically with the award letter.