Women’s Professional Forum Foundation Grant Program
The Women’s Professional Forum Foundation (WPFF) was established in 1984 and has as its purpose to promote, facilitate and support:
- the opportunities for women and girls to aspire to or further their executive or professional careers
- the education and leadership skills and qualities of women and girls
- education of the general public on the status and rights of women and to recognize the achievements and contribution of women.
The WPF Foundation awards grants to organizations that can demonstrate their program or service, empowers women and/or girls, and directly connects to the purpose of the WPF Foundation (stated above).
2017 Grant Recipients
American Association of University Women for Work Smart and Start Smart programs — $3,500
Music for a Great Space for the female composer and performer music series for Guilford County students — $3,000
The Volunteer Center for scholarships to the Service Learning Leadership Camp — $3,500
Prior Grant Recipients
Handy Capable for the Girl Code program
North Carolina Institute of Political Leadershipfor the Fellows Program
Volunteer Center for scholarships to Service Learning Leadership Camp
YWCA for Young Women in CHARGE program
Black Child Development Institute (BCDI) for Americorps Leadership Development
North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership for the Fellows Program
YWCA for the Passion to Purse Program
Gateway to Science Project, Joint School of Nanoscience & Nanoengineering, UNCG
Encouraging Young Women to Enter STEM, Natural Science Center
Anytown Scholarships, NCCJ
Girl Scout Leadership Experience Program, Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont
Young Women’s Leadership Program, Center for Creative Leadership
Girls in Science, Natural Science Center
Girl Scout Award Program, Tarheel Triad Council
Women in Power Forum, Kids Voting USA
Points of Light Youth Leadership Institute, YWCA
SMART Girls Program, Boys & Girls Club of High Point
Family Life Council, Pratto Family Life Scholarships
The Guilford County Girls Justice League, One Step Further, Inc.
Scholarship Assistance Program, Adult Center for Enrichment
Workshops for Refugee Families, Faith Action International
Apply for a WPF Foundation Grant
Application Process, Selection, and Notification
- A 1-page letter of intent must be submitted electronically by February 28, 2018, specifically answering the following questions:
- Briefly describe your proposed project or program for which you are requesting funding, the timeframe in which it will be delivered, and how many women or girls you expect to serve.
- Describe how your proposed project empowers women or girls and advances the purpose of the WPF Foundation.
- Note whether or not this is a new project.
- Funding amount requested from the WPF Foundation.
- Other funding partners (and amounts) that are committed to your proposed project or to whom you are requesting funding support.
- The WPF Foundation grants committee will respond electronically by March 9, 2018, to those organizations that submit a letter of intent.
- If your letter of intent is approved, submit a grant application package (see details below) electronically by April 9, 2018. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Selection of successful grant applications will be made by the WPF Foundation Grants Committee and presented to the WPF Foundation Board of Directors for approval.
- Applicants will be notified electronically of application approval on or before April 30, 2018.
- Once a grant is awarded, a Grant Agreement Form will be sent electronically with the award letter.
Recipients will be notified electronically by the WPF Foundation President and will be announced at the WPF Annual Foundation Meeting on May 9, 2018, and in the WPForum Newsletter.
Full Application Package Contents
All applications must include the following; forms can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
- WPFF Grant Cover Sheet
- WPFF Grant Application Narrative (No more than 3 pages.)
- Your organization’s current operating budget.
- Completed project/program budget.
Processing Grant Payments
Grant awards will be paid directly to the applicant organization in a one-time payment by June 1, 2018, upon the receipt of a signed Grant Agreement Form.
For questions or to submit your letter of intent or grant *application, contact Laura Burton (mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
*All prospective applicants must first submit a letter of intent per the application process stated above.