Funding Eligibility: The WPF Foundation welcomes grant requests from nonprofit organizations that:
- Are classified as nonprofit charitable organizations under section 501(c)3 and 501(c)1 of the IRS code.
- Are located in or provide services within Guilford County.
- Program has not received a WPFF grant for more than (3) three Consecutive years.
Grants are not awarded to individuals.
Grant Cycle and Requests
- The WPF Foundation has one annual grant cycle each spring.
- All prospective applicants must submit a letter of intent due electronically by February 28, 2019.
- For those who are invited to make full application, their applications are due electronically April 5, 2019.
- Grant requests may not exceed $10,000 and grant awards typically range between $1,000 and $5,000.
- A total for all grants awarded will not exceed $10,000.
- Grant funds cannot be used for expenses already incurred.
Application Process, Selection, and Notification
- Submit a one page (1) Letter of Intent (LOI) electronically to Erica Parker by February 28, 2019, specifically answering the following questions:
- Briefly describe your proposed project or program for which you are requesting funding, the time frame in which it will be delivered, and how many women or girls you expect to serve.
- Describe how your proposed project empowers women or girls and advances the purpose of the WPF Foundation.
- Note whether or not this is a new project.
- Funding amount requested from the WPF Foundation.
- Other funding partners (and amounts) that are committed to your proposed project or to whom you are requesting funding support.
- The WPF Foundation grants committee will respond via email by March 13, 2019, to those organizations that submit a letter of intent.
- If your letter of intent is approved, submit a grant application package (see details below) electronically to Erica Parker by April 5,2019. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Selection of successful grant applications will be made by the WPF Foundation Grants Committee and presented to the WPF Foundation Board of Directors for approval. Applicants will be notified electronically by the WPF Foundation President of application approval on or before April 30, 2019. Grants recipients will be announced at the WPF Annual Foundation Meeting on May 14, 2019 and in the WPForum Newsletter.
- Once a grant is awarded, a Grant Agreement Form will be sent electronically with the award letter.
GRANT APPLICATION PACKAGE
Before applying, you must submit a one-page Letter of Intent (LOI). If your LOI is accepted, your application must include the following forms which can be downloaded by clicking the link below.
- WPFF Letter of Intent
- WPFF Grant Cover Sheet
- WPFF Grant Application Narrative (Word doc) (No more than 3 pages.)
- Your organization’s current operating budget.
- Completed project/program budget.
Processing Grant Payments
Grant awards will be paid directly to the applicant organization in a one-time payment by June 1, upon the receipt of a signed Grant Agreement Form.
*All prospective applicants must first submit a letter of intent per the application process stated above.